Reason to start blogging..

Welcome to My Beadialogy!

I may not write in excellent English but I do love to SHARE my opinions, what inspired me, adding my points of view in fashion, style, designs, photography, life, and my handmade fashion jewelries here with people that TRULY interested in the same topics like I do.

I believe in visuals, so I display as many photos as possible to my posts. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Veron

Monday, August 11, 2008

A visit to Petaling Street


Two weeks ago, I went to Kl downtown to source for my supplies with Int.
It was a sunny day, I doubled my sunscreen before I left the apartment.
We took a cab there so that she don't have to look for a parking space!

It's been really a while since the last time I visited Petaling Street...
As usual, it's crowded and jammed with vehicles and all sorts of people..

We got out of the cab and walked from Central market and passed the old Indian Temple...
I never notice that it was so significantly crafted...

Then I passed a few old shops, but now most of the shops are renovated and converted to a modern look.

There are more handy craft and fashion jeweleries wholesaler shops than I can imgine.


I remembered when I was in college I used to come here to get my fabrics and sewing equipments, where are all those fabric shops now?

Passed a old pet shop at the end exit of Petaling Street where I adopted my little Vicky home... Well, she 11 years old now!

Then I went searching for Venus Art supplies shop... it was gone!


Felt hungry, we had A&W at a building beisde Sinar Kota...Er... the food sucks... we used to eat there... think 10 years ago when Int was still single and we just got out of TV3!

After our late lunch, we passed a few stores and went to Bunga Riben, my favorate beads shop where I usually get my crystal supplies.


Then we stopped by Hon Ming fabric shop just opposite Bunga Riben, I remembered I spent a lot of money here when I did my final project.
It was 3 stories full of a huge variety of fabrics now it only shrink down to 1 floor... may be business was not as good as before...almost all tailors and designers get their supplies in China and Thailand now.


At this moment we are so exhausted and hot... tried to get a cab back home at the taxi stand in front of Kotaraya shopping center and... the drivers there asked for a fixed fare of RM30 to got to Bukit Jalil...CRAZY!!!


Of course I refused to be rob by him so we walked a little further down to the taxi stand oppoiste Central Market and got a cab. It only costs me RM8 and I tipped this honest drive another RM2 for his honesty!


We had a drink downstairs of my apartment... We are so tired! But happy that we made this trip. I took a few pictures of our trip there but I forgot to take a photo of that "robber" taxi driver!


It was like treasure hunt and I found a few useful shops where I can go when I need to replanish my supplies. But I won't go there again in another month or two unless I have something to buy which I couldn't get anywhere else!
May be when Int is free again, we might go and explore Jalan Masjid India ;)


No comments: