Reason to start blogging..

Welcome to My Beadialogy!

I may not write in excellent English but I do love to SHARE my opinions, what inspired me, adding my points of view in fashion, style, designs, photography, life, and my handmade fashion jewelries here with people that TRULY interested in the same topics like I do.

I believe in visuals, so I display as many photos as possible to my posts. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Veron

Friday, March 25, 2011

Goyette Girls' Memorial Necklace - a special project

This is indeed a special project..
Not that the jewelries are technically hard to construct...or a difficult design which is mind cracking to transform into beadwork... But the story and meaning behind - here goes...
Mid September last year, I received a message from my dear friend Lyne, she had an idea of going away for a memorial weekend with her sisters and mother -this great family faced the saddest incident ever - the loss of their father and husband - Mr Real Goyette.
 
Lyne planed to custom a special design necklaces as a memory of the occasion.
She wanted all the necklaces to be the same but each necklace would have the accent of each individual color. She gave me freedom to design and play around with the selection of beads and color combination.

How can anyone reject this Super Amazing wonderful project and I started work almost immediately...

Theme of the necklaces:  Feminine, delicate and must have a crystal beads constructed cross at the center.

Type and shapes of beads:  I gather all types and shapes of beads - from Swarovski crystals to Czech glass, China glass, several semi precious stones, Indian beads, glass pearls, mother of pearls,  shell pearls, rhinestone beads, metal beads,charms and filigrees to decorate the necklaces.

Color scheme:  She did specified a special color for each of her sisters and mom, here is what she wrote -
My mom : light blue
Christine : Yellow or golden
Élaine : pink
Denise : Green
Me : Dark blue
Johanne : red

Findings and finishing:  Dangling beads which are decorated with metal bead caps, are attached at both sides of the cross. A different design for each of the center piece so that all 6 necklaces may be the same theme and concept but has it's own individual style.  Finished with a 10cm long extension chain and nickel lobster clasp.

Start by categorized different color tones and other matching colors for each necklace.  Also beaded 3 different sizes of the center piece - the cross- using Absorted Rainbow coated transparent bicone shaped Swarovski crystal beads.  Then took photos to get Lyne's approval before I start beading.

made 3 different sizes of crosses with Swarovski bicone crystal beads.
She approved the biggest one - good choice!
 Here are the color palette & selections of matching colors:
RED  - match with clear, and silver
LIGHT BLUE - match with clear, different tones of lighter blues and pearly white.
PINK - match with clear, tones of pink, purple, peach and pearl white.
GREEN - match with different tones of greens, clear, sea green and olive color.
GOLD - match with clear, salmon beige, copper, brass and rose gold color.
DARK BLUE - match with silver pearl, clear, tones of darker blues, greys and dark purple.
 I spent 2 days to finish all 6 necklaces and sent Lyne some photos again to view and finalize everything, before courier them to Canada. 

for Mama Goyette (Mrs. Denise Goyette):  Light Blue

Beads:  Czech glass, China glass, Swarovski crystals, Glass pearls, Memory beads, Silver metal and Rhinestone beads. 


Christine: Yellow and gold.




Beads:  Foil beads, Glass pearls, Swarovski crystals, Czech glass, Indian glass, China glass and Rhinestone beads.

 
Élaine : Pink



Beads:   Swarovski crystals, Rose Quatz beads, China glass, Rhinestone beads, Czech glass and Glass pearls.


Denise : Green





Beads:  Semi precious stone -Green Adventurine, sea green Obsidian, Swarovski Crystals, Glass beads, China glass, Rhinestone beads, Glass pearls and Memory beads.

Johanne:  Red


Beads:  Swarovski crystals, Czech glass, China glass, Silver metal glass, Glass pearls and Rhinestone beads.



 Lyne:  Dark Blue
Knowing Lyne is not sensitive to metal, I made a pair of matching earrings.
 Necklace details:

Beads:  Silver Mother of pearl, Swarovski crystal, Czech glass, Glass pearls, Silver metal beads, Rhinestone beads and China glass beads.

These necklaces didn't arrived on time....

It was my fault,  but Lyne was extremely kind and she was not mad at me (I won't blame her if she did), I felt even more frustrated and blaming myself even more each day...
After getting the news from the post office that the parcel has being sent back to Malaysia, we both prayed hard and crossing our fingers hoping the parcel will not gone missing... so i can mail it back to Canada again. 

It took almost 3 months to return to me... well, Thank God!  That was a late evening, 3 days before Christmas when I received a notification that the parcel is back, I went to collect it immediately that night before 10pm - was raining like cats and dogs when I was at the post office... but I was smiling all the time while I was there...

After carefully inspected all the necklaces, I repackaged and courier to Lyne AGAIN just before 2010 ends.
She received the parcel on 5th January 2011.  But it was way passed the actual date, passed Christmas and new year.

Lyne finally found the best time to present the necklaces to their rightful owner  -  the perfect timing...  All Goyette girls gather to celebrate Mama Goyette's 75th birthday last week!

I am greatly honor to be a part of this meaningful project -  thou it almost went missing and traveled around the globe almost twice but finally the mission is accomplish.  I felt the happiness when I am admiring  the photos of all of you together,  I  learned a good lesson in this incident and I thank God so much for a great friend like Lyne - You are so far away but feels so close to me.
Thank you very much.

XOXO
Veron.

2 comments:

Lyne Goyette said...

Veronica is not only a great artist she is such a great friend. I knew that including her in this very special and emotional project would assure its success. We all miss my father so much, but somehow when we are all together, we feel that up there, he is smiling and happy. Veronica was so sensitive and receptive to all the little details, as an example, she included a Music key in the design, knowing that my father was a known jazz musician and that music has a very special place in our family. I just gave her a brief idea of what I was seeing and she made it happen. She made it perfect! Veron and I have been friends for a few years through Facebook and games, but in the past year, she has become very very dear to me. As far away as she is, I feel her very close to my heart.
I will never be able to thank you enough for being a part of this project. I feel privileged to have you as a friend and know that one day, we will finally meet in person. Xie Xie ni Wo de peng yu, you are extremely talented and I wish that one day your talent will be known all over the world!

All my love,

Lyne xx xx

Veron said...

This is the most touching comment and compliment I ever received... Thank you very very much...It's a great pleasure :)
As you know, I never thought of being famous of what I do (beading and love of fashion) I just continue to do what I love while I can and 100% full-heartedly :)
love,
Veron