Reason to start blogging..

Welcome to My Beadialogy!

I may not write in excellent English but I do love to SHARE my opinions, what inspired me, adding my points of view in fashion, style, designs, photography, life, and my handmade fashion jewelries here with people that TRULY interested in the same topics like I do.

I believe in visuals, so I display as many photos as possible to my posts. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Veron

Thursday, March 24, 2011

DjNiza Minx - White pearls statement choker

It's hard to gift someone who has everything...may be something custom made would be special...  DJ Niza has been so supportive and I thought I should make her something different for her birthday on January this year.

I decided to make a dramatic 4 stand white pearl choker and add many layers of nickel metal footage chains with dangling decorative metal charms and coins. Nothing glittery here, no crystals or blings but I'm sure the metal will reflect lights in a different way.



Color:   pearly white and nickel .

Beads:  White glass pearls in 8 & 10mm, nickel coin metal beads and nickel metal music note charms.

Findings and Finishing:  Nickel findings, finished with nickel lobster clasp and a long extension, decorated with nickel thin footage chains.













I managed to finish the choker and make it to the post office to courier to her 3 days before her big day... unfortunately she get to see her gift a week later...  But still my project accomplished and I did put a smile on her face  :)  And most importantly - I think the necklace found the rightful owner...it compliments her style.

xoxo,
Veron

2 comments:

South Sea Pearl said...

Hi,

This pearl choker design is quite different from regular pearl choker. It is quite a fashionable necklace which offers a trendy look to your personality. Thanks for sharing the image of this fabulous pearl choker.

Veron said...

Hello, thanks for visiting and your kind comment.
Yes, the main reason of designing this "improvised" pearl choker is because my friend is a DJ and she loves to wear choker but I don't think the regular type will suit her so i designed and handmade a special one that suit her personality and style.
I love to mix and match pearls with all sorts of different materials & beads to give them a new "image" :)
xx
veron