Reason to start blogging..

Welcome to My Beadialogy!

I may not write in excellent English but I do love to SHARE my opinions, what inspired me, adding my points of view in fashion, style, designs, photography, life, and my handmade fashion jewelries here with people that TRULY interested in the same topics like I do.

I believe in visuals, so I display as many photos as possible to my posts. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Veron

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Elize - Smokey Grey glass beads Choker Necklace

A client wanted me to custom make a choker which does not make her neck looks short.  Hmm...What  a challenge - chokers normally consists of 3, 4 or more strands of beads that covered most of the neck.  The choice of beads is essential, I think transparent beads is a good choice.
While looking through my beads collections, found some lovely Grey smokey faceted glass beads and Swarovski beads which are perfect for the choker - I immediately have a design in mind... I want to make a choker with lots of details.


Color scheme:  Grey Smokey  ( light and darker tones) Clear and silver.

Beads and Materials:   Swarovski crystal pendants, Metal filigrees and connectors

Findings and Finishings:  Nickel Metal findings with pin techniques, finished with lobster clasp and added another 10cm extension footage chains.

I always like to start constructing at the center then work my way to the sides and  back, then the dangling pieces.
Mixing different sizes and shapes of grey smokey glass beads like puffed coin shapes, rounded and teardrops - all with faceted cutting with glittery effects and decorated with suitable size bead caps.  
To add more drama to the necklace, I attached strands of nickel metal chains at the sides and center of the neckline. 

Work in Progress:-




Chokers which normally has full strands of beads will actually shorten the neck of the wearer, I decided to lessen the beads by  mixing footage chain with a  "V" shape to lengthen wearer's neck.



Added a little "blings" clear rhinestone at the center of the metal filigree connector.

Swarovski rounded pendant
Different sizes and shapes of grey smokey glass beads
This is the dangling end beads at the center.


Finished the choker with a dangling center piece so that the wearer has a slight V shapes which also visually lengthen the neck and the choker is done... and decided to name it - Elize.  :)

Lobster clasp is a good choice especially with extension chains.

Always love to add a bead at the end of the extension footage chain.

4 strands of beads & metal chains at both sides of the choker...

Take a closer look, there are actually different tones of light grey beads...



some dangling beads at the sides too


Final center piece.












It's all done... what do you think? 
And should I make a pair of matching earrings? 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG this piece is so beautiful... how I wish I could afford one!!
BTW the music in this blog is lovely! :)
cheers and have a good day!

Veron said...

Thank you very much for your compliment... It's not expensive at all :)
xx