Reason to start blogging..

Welcome to My Beadialogy!

I may not write in excellent English but I do love to SHARE my opinions, what inspired me, adding my points of view in fashion, style, designs, photography, life, and my handmade fashion jewelries here with people that TRULY interested in the same topics like I do.

I believe in visuals, so I display as many photos as possible to my posts. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Veron

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

DJ NizaMinx's statement necklaces: Silver Sensation & Seductive Grey

An amazing order from an amazingly talented Dj Niza.
She provided 2 photos of necklaces, as reference and I was given a free will of creativity to turn the original into something special for her.
The 1st necklace is a silver piece:

Original idea is from the above metal and rhinestone necklace... which was not using beading technique.
It's interesting to transform a certain silver jewelry or fine jewelry into beadwork because it's challenging.
I selected a variety of different shapes of metal beads and metal findings, rhinestone beads, silver pearls, rhinestone spacer wheels and  multi color coated glass beads.
The base is actually a 3 strands of metal and silver color beads,  metal bars are used to gap and hold the sides and center  and ended with a cone shaped bead caps at both sides, metal connectors and  thick metal rings to connect to the toggle clasp.
The arrangement of the amount of beads around the neck needs to adjust properly in order for the 3 strands of heavy metal and silver pearls beads to form an accurate shape around the neckline.
For the dangling drops, I tried to use some rectangular shaped clear faceted glass beads in the beginning but it doesn't brings out the "va va voom" so i changed to silver pearls, tear drop and oval shaped faceted multi color coated on clear glass beads and decorated it with rhinestones beads and spacer wheels and bead caps.




A plain round toggle clasp 
The center dangling piece
Metal cone shaped bead cap hides the finishing fold over clasp .


I love this hook shaped metal connector

































**********************************
Another design.. which is easier and straight forward.
Originally was some Turquoise nuggets and oval coin shaped beads as below:
Original image provided

I changed the beads to a mixed shapes of faceted smokey grey glass beads. Together with metal bead caps,  using head pins to join the beads together and attached on to a nickel metal chain.
This is a classic design, will goes well with any attire.



P.s. Dj Niza claims that she'll smile in sleeps when she received these necklaces... I am so thrilled.
I'll be posting photos of her with the necklace.


No comments: